Monday, August 6, 2007

Flylady


A friend of mine showed me the coolest website. It's called the Flylady. This is a wonderful woman, well, now a group of women, that counsel you on organizing your life. When I first looked at it, I thought, oh great; looks like it should be coming from Stuart Smalley ("I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!") (Remember that one? :)

Anyway, it is like that to an extent, the concept is based around "Flying", Fly stands for Finally Loving Yourself. Meaning, not beating yourself up when your house is a mess. There are tips to get rid of Chaos in your home - Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome. I love that one!
There are daily exercises you're supposed to do when you start "Flying", the first one is, every night before bed, shine your sink. Do your dishes, clean your counter, etc, but especially make sure your sink sparkles before you go to bed. The idea is that when you wake up in the morning, see that bright and shiny sink, it will fill you with a sense of accomplishment and put a smile on your face the whole day. Think I'll try it sometime. Soon.
Oh, yeah, it helps you with procrastinating too! LOL!

Start flying! http://www.flylady.net

No comments: