Monday, January 7, 2008

The Trixie is no longer employed

Yep. It's true. Or will be, at least, after February. My dream job is ending. Thanks to our wonderful economy the shop is closing.
I hate to say my pessimistic side came out, but I sort of knew it was coming. Nothing could be that perfect. The kind of job where you can't wait to get up in the morning and go in. I loved everything about it! (Well except for smelly ladies, but I digress...(see earlier post)
I'm not worried about finding something else, I know I will, it's just...damn! Not something so fun, and 5 minutes away from my house!
It's easy for the Trixie to wallow in it, but I feel really bad for my boss. She has been such a sweetie, and she was so upset, as anybody would be. It just sucks all around. So many people are losing their jobs, I know I'm lucky in that I didn't have to depend on my paycheck to feed my kids, but lots of people out there do. If I thought it would help, I'd get out there and vote in the election this year. As it stands I don't think any candidate is gonna do any better, but then, they can't do worse than Uncle Georgie did. Maybe we will luck out, and actually get a president that cares less about 'being right' or 'better than the other guy' or, 'not George Bush' and cares more about actually doing something for this country. Hey, anything can happen.

By the way, my resume is available upon request. :)

1 comment:

Ann T Quittys thoughts said...

that really sucks girl. I know you really liked that place. Let me know if you want to go out to lunch to lighten your spirits.